- What’s the first big step you can take to achieve that success? (e.g. finish my first draft, build my daily writing habit, revise that long-shelved work-in-progress…)
- My ultimate goal is to finish my first draft of December by the end of the year. I’ve pretty much established a daily writing habit and have had really good daily writing habits before, so I know once I get back into it, I’ll be fine. Writing every day isn’t the issue; it’s tackling the book.
- How can you quantify that step as an easy daily or weekly goal? (e.g. draft 500 words every writing session, work for twenty minutes every day, complete a comprehensive read-through of my project…)
- I can pretty easily write 1,000 words in my daily freewrite sessions. If I shoot for 2-3 freewrites a week, I can write 2,000 – 3,000 words a week.
- Additionally, on the days I don’t freewrite, if I can edit/revise for at least an hour, I can get in three to four hours of editing/revising a week.